I wrote the list below in 2009(!!!) and I thought it was time for an update! I inserted some comments in RED but for the most part, the 100 still ring true.
1. I love lists.
2. I like to do math equations in my head while I run, but I am terrible at math. I don’t really do this anymore. I now prefer to think and sing songs in my mind to pass the time.
3. I wanted to be a fashion designer or a writer when I grew up.
4. I am a kid at heart, so that fashion designer thing could still work out.
5. My dad died over 7 years ago and it was the worst thing that ever happened to me.
6. My pantry always has the following items: South Beach High Protein Cereal Bars, canned green beans, Crystal Light Energy water flavor packets (strawberry). Eek! It now has only the Crystal Light Energy packets remaining. It’s now always got quinoa and Kind Bars.
7. The Redhead and I became better friends after I moved away. (We met shortly before my move.)
8. Moving back home and meeting the BRA has been one of the best things that ever happened to me.
9. I am still on the fence about the whole marriage/kids thing.
10. I love music. Mostly hip-hop but I can get down to just about anything.
11. I strongly dislike people who say running is bad for me.
12. My favorite movie is Say Anything. (Lloyd’s namesake.)
13. I think dancing should be America’s past time.
14. Blogging sometimes feels so very narcissistic to me, but I love it anyway. (And I love me!)
15. I refuse to walk barefoot unless at home or on the beach. Especially on one of those nights where me and friends are out late in heels. My feet will bleed before I take my shoes off.
16. I think dog parks are the happiest places on earth.
17. My first marathon was a pain filled, under-trained hot mess.
18. I have two scars from moles I had removed in the 8th grade. They were little bitty things, but said to be pre-cancerous.
19. I got my first gray hair when I was 24. Ugh, I have more now!
20. My favorite running night of the week is speed work night. Still love the track!
21. My favorite adult beverages are margaritas, champagne, Bailey’s, and Hoegaarden. Please add red wine and Moscow Mules. Even though I barely drink anymore.
22. I once used a bathroom with no toilet and it wasn’t during a race or run.
23. I have been to Europe twice (hence the no toilets).
24. While swimming, I sing songs in my head that have little to do with athletics and more to do with booty shaking.
25. I once confused two of my clients on the phone and the one who wasn’t a doctor got asked my strange medical question.
26. I don’t think it’s acceptable for celebs to complain. Boo hoo, your life is so rough. Riiiiight.
27. The quote from Steel Magnolias, “Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion,” is one of my favorites.
28. I love Dolly Parton.
29. My dad was an artist, motorcycle racer, and fellow lover of the burrito.
30. I have an older sister who cracks me up on an hourly basis. She now has a son and he’s my favorite thing EVER!
31. I believe in karma and omens.
32. Coffee is the real breakfast of champions. Make that quinoa and coffee.
33. I think you can tell a lot about a person based on their friends.
34. All of my friends are AMAZING.
35. Living in Florida is wonderful. I never want to be cold.
36. The most perfect day to me would be a good run, a little sun, and lots of time with family and friends.
37. I am hosting Thanksgiving for the 2nd time. Haven’t hosted since. Ha!
38. I refuse to cook another turkey so help me God.
39. The best Halloween costume I ever donned was the year I was “Dorothy in the tornado.”
40. My mom can tell more dirty jokes than anyone I have ever met.
41. I never in a million years thought I’d end up in sales. Which is why, I’m no longer in sales.
42. I am completely girly in some respects and a total tomboy in others.
43. I love make-up. I can spend hours in Sephora.
44. I love action, comedy, and horror flicks. Rom-coms, not so much. (Steel Magnolias and Say Anything being the exclusions.)
45. My second toe is longer than my big toe (“The Captain of the Toes”).
46. I once stole a car. Not on purpose. Long story.
47. When talking with The Redhead about this post being past the 100 mark she said, “Well you are Discombobulated Running, it would make sense you screw up your 100th post.” True.
48. I love cartoons.
49. I can recite Beetlejuice from memory.
50. I hate getting oil changes, putting gas in my car, and car washes.
51. I had to google grey vs gray to see which was the correct spelling.
52. I like to wear underwear underneath my running shorts, even the ones with them already built in. Oh my. I definitely do not do this anymore. This is hilarious!
53. Caribbean Steve dubbed me an honorary “sista.”
54. The most exotic things I’ve eaten are: sea urchin, gator, venison, quail eggs, escargot, and probably cat.
55. My best friend and I met the first day of college orientation.
56. We skipped the sign up for your classes portion. Oops.
57. Blogs that always make me laugh are: Caution: Redhead Running (of course), Feet Meet Street, A little messed up, Let’s Have a Cocktail, Punk Rock Tri Guy and Steve in a speedo?! Gross! Sadly, a few of these have gone bye bye. See my blog roll tab for new (and old) faves!
58. I truly believe there is less traffic on the high road.
59. Contrary to popular belief, I do not think raisins are nature’s candy.
60. My mom used to put fortune cookies in my lunch because I love them.
61. My mom also made my lunch every day until I graduated high school.
62. I hate blow drying my hair and yet I do it almost every. single. day.
63. I really want to buy my own home, although I love my roommate. Meh. I’m ok with not owning.
64. My roommate and I have known each other since we were 14. He’s still a dear, dear friend. But the S.O. is now my roommate. 😉
65. I think all women should own pepper spray, a great pair of heels, and a kick a$$ pair of running/walking shoes.
66. I would consider breast implants. Do I really need to update this one?
67. I think #66 may be TMI. Totally is.
68. I am really only smart 50% of my day. As for the remaining 50%, the Redhead has use of our shared brain.
69. This one time at band camp…
70. I had to re-number this entire list because somehow it got messed up. Stupid numbers.
71. Magazines in the mail make my day.
72. My favorite book is Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
73. I totalled a car in 1998 while on the way to get a new stereo system for it.
74. A hooker was the only person at the scene who was nice to me until my mom got there.
75. I peed my pants in pre-k waiting for my grandma to pick me up from school. My sister was mortified. I could not have cared less. I had to go.
76. If I could pick a super power it would be flying.
77. The best Christmas present I ever got was my Garmin, thanks E!
78. I am 99% sure that people are inherently good.
79. I am 99% sure that I can be very naive.
80. I am not good with percentages.
81. As a child I loved Barbies. I had Barbie everything. I am also the kid who cut their hair and clothing.
82. My dad could not have picked a nicer, more caring woman to be my stepmom. (Bless her heart she’s survived it this long with me!)
83. I think everyone should know how to drive a stick shift.
84. Top five fantasy dudes: Bradley Cooper,
George Clooney Charlie Hunnam, Daniel Craig, Jensen Ackles (Supernatural), and Ryan Reynolds.
85. I want all of you to know that the Tony the Tiger in my heading photo is a little light I got in a race goodie bag. I’ve been asked about it more than once. He’s since been donated.
86. I was in a sorority but don’t consider myself a “sorority girl,” well other than the whole poster making thing.
87. I wish I had more muscle in my calves.
88. I got dusted at a 5K by a 10-year-old boy.
89. When I don’t blow dry my hair it kind of looks like Samara’s from The Ring.
90. For a hot second I thought about putting Ironman on my bucket list. Then I realized that was just bananas. We all know how this turned out as I complete my first Ironman this year. Hahaha
91. I love getting pampered.
92. My hell would be giving pedicures.
93. I lost 25 lbs after college.
94. I wonder if Lloyd really loves me or if he just pretends to for snacks and belly rubs.
95. The place I would most like to travel to next is Japan. Sushi! Anime! Fashion! Godzirra!
96. I have a total girl crush on Gwen Stefani.
97. I am having a hard time keeping this list clean and entertaining.
98. My favorite joke is:
A pirate walks into a bar. He’s got the steering wheel from a ship strapped on his *ahem* unit.
The bartender looks at him and says, “Man, that must be uncomfortable.”
The pirate says, “Arrrgh! It’s drivin’ me nuts!”
99. I was told not to tell that joke to anyone whom I am trying to date. The S.O. may not have heard this one. Yet.
100. I love you guys.