Run 1, 063 miles
|Lee and I|
|Me & Mrs. No Salad herself.|
Bike 2,805 miles
|Post long ride with Coach Steve & the girls|
|AM group ride.|
|Master’s Swim Team|
Strength & Yoga A whopping 7 yoga classes and a huge 7 strength sessions. Obviously an area to work on for 2015.
January – Frogman 5K Swim
February – 0
March – Sarasota 1/2 Marathon, Hits 70.3 Ocala
April – Iron Girl 5K, St. Anthony’s Olympic Triathlon
May – Running for All Children 5K, Miami Man Speedway 70.3
June – 0
July – Sunshine Festival 5K, Top Gun Sprint Triathlon
August – 0
September – IRONMAN CHATTANOOGA
October – UT Master’s Swim Meet (No recap. Oops.)
November – Rock N Roll Las Vegas 1/2 Marathon, Turkey Trot 5K
December – Say No To Drugs 5K
2. Bring lunch to work more. This was so-so. I started off doing pretty well but fell off toward the end of the year. On a positive note, I have found really delicious, healthy places to eat on my lunch break. I still need to bring to work to save money.
3. Read more. Win! Twelve books read.
4. Ride my bike. I’d say I succeeded here. Those big miles up above were a big win for me. And I got through that 116 mile jaunt in Chattanooga.
5. Strength train. I definitely did not do this. I’m not too upset because I really had a tough time working in much else besides swimming, biking, and running when the ironman training ramped up.
6. Save money. I did ok with this. I think it’s another ongoing goal and not something that I can really ever stop doing. I increased my 401K contribution and that’s a big step in the right direction.
Favorite Reads My favorites were Unbroken and Dark Places.
Favorite Song of 2014 Any song by Sam Smith. His voice is absolutely beautiful.
Favorite Movie of 2014 I don’t normally post about movies, but the S.O. and I go a lot. This was a toss up for me because I love The Hobbit and while it was good, it wasn’t my favorite. I pretty much fell in love with Guardians of the Galaxy and The Grand Budapest Hotel was absolutely lovely.
Biggest Lesson Learned in 2014 You really can do anything you set your mind to but be careful not to overlook the other parts of your life. A big goal is fantastic, but it’s still important to remember all the other parts of your life. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around every once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller
Secondary Lesson Learned in 2014 OMG did you know that brussel sprouts, when cooked the right way, can be amazing?
Biggest Let Down of 2014 Black Friday is no longer Black Friday and it’s a total bummer. I refuse to shop on Thanksgiving.
I hope you all had fantastic 2014’s! Now it’s on to the next one….
2015 here we come!
Great job! This was one for the ages for you, no doubt. You never forget the day you turn iron. You achieved a lot this year.
Not sure how you're going to top all that amazingness!
I only had slightly more bike and swim miles. Solid! I am surprised you did not have more run miles, however, a great year! Congrats!! Coach Steve
What an awesome year you had Beth! Congrats! I hope your 3015 is amazing. xo