Tuesday already? Aack! I had a super busy weekend and had a conference to attend yesterday in Orlando. I am back in the office today and will be intermittently reading all of your fabulous blogs.
Fortunately, I made it back yesterday in time for some good ‘ol Gangster Hills. The Gangster Hills were about as gangster as Boris & Natasha yesterday and I gave them what for! PFunk and I completed 8 without a whole lot of trouble. Sure I was tired and sure it was about 10 degrees cooler than last week, but I am still pretty proud of myself. (B.o.B.: 1, Gangster Hills: 0)
As I was running I was trying to decide what to write for today’s post. I think that I must have been psychically connected to some members of the BRA* because they totally wrote a post for me! Yes, you can call me Miss Cleo.
What’s even more exciting is that it’s a list. You all know how I love a list. So without further ado, I present:
The BRA’s Top 10 Reasons Phidippides Died
10. Did not take any Gu’s, G2, Gatorade, Ecaps, or Gels
9. No body glide.
8. Sandals did not provide arch support.
7. Ate raw meat before his run instead of pasta.
6. Did not have a Coach, therefore could not follow The Plan.
5. Garmin sundial did not work on a cloudy day.
4. Ran too hard trying to get a BQ (Babylonia Qualifier in those days).
3. His pace card was a heavy, stone tablet.
2. Ran in battle armor instead of Under Armor.
1. Headlamp was a torch – kept lighting his hair on fire.
Feel free to add your own in the comments. Have a great day peeps.
* Special thanks to Coach EK, Navy Steve, Coach Tom, and PFunk.