You didn’t think I’d let all of October pass without posting some random Halloween junk now did you? I must admit that this post has
little nothing to do with running and or triathlon. I just love Halloween and it’s my blog and I do what I want! Just bear with me or go on to reading some other more informational Internet things. Ha!
Basically I’ve compiled a list of random Halloween things that I love every year and am so sad to say goodbye when the most wonderful holiday of all passes by. Again, not running related but I figure that’s ok every now and again right?
These are a few of my favorite Halloween things:
1. Yankee Candle Boney Bunch. Every year Yankee Candle produces a fun set of candle holders dubbed the Boney Bunch. They are cute and creepy, just like every Halloween item should be!
2. The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror. Every year, The Simpsons TV show does a special Halloween episode. And every year, I love it! I don’t even really watch The Simpsons but this one is always good. Sadly, this already aired and I missed it like a dumb dumb. Good news, it’s coming on again next Friday. I’m putting that on DVR!
3. Spirit Halloween stores. These stores pop up right before Halloween and they have awesome decorations and costumes. I just like going in them and walking around even if I already have tons of Halloween stuff.
4. Humane Society Pumpkin Patch. I just learned about this last year and now it’s my go to for pumpkin purchasing. I love animals and this is a cool way to give back and get in my Halloween fix all at the same time!
5. Pumpkin Carving Patterns. Speaking of pumpkins, I’m a cheater and totally use a kit every year. I love the stencils and the tools make it super easy.
7. The Walking Dead. I love love love this show. It’s so awesome. You must watch. It’s more than just killing “walkers.” But with the added bonus of…killing “walkers!”
8. AMC Fearfest. I. Love. Fearfest. It’s the best every year and they pick out awesome movies for the back half of October. Cujo, Tremors, Friday the 13th, and A Nightmare on Elm Street are on all within the next 48 hours!
9. Halloween Songs and Movies! Speaking of movies, I previously made a list of the best scary movies and the best Halloween songs. Feel free to see my lists: SONGS & MOVIES. I chose The Shining as the best movie and Dead Man’s Party by Oingo Boingo for the song. What do you think?
What do you love about Halloween? What are you dressing up as?
Have a great weekend ghouls and goblins!
I LOVE some Halloween. I had all these big plans of creating an awesome halloween vignette on my porch this year, but I have to go out of town for work the week of and come home on the day of….no time this year.
But next year….
I'm not a huge Halloween fan ( not really for or against it) I guess I do look forward to it more now that I have nephews to play dress up with. I do look forward to a 5k costume run I do every year…this year my sister and I are dressing up (we have done this race together a few times) it's going to be pretty damn epic.
I'm really not so much of a halloween fan. but i bought some nightmare before christmas (jack skellington and sally) leggings that I plan to wear over my tights/bike shorts at the bike ride next weekend, so I guess i'm not a total spoil sport.
I love how much you love Halloween
OK, #7 and 8 – YES PLEASE!!!
I finally gave in and bought a bag of candy corn today. I might or might now already have a problem.
I love Halloween. The first 2 episodes of TWD have been awesome this season.
I have been getting my share of horror movies this month. My favorites are the old black and white ones where it was more about the psychological and less about the special effects