I typically post a Friday confession deal but I’m short on sins this week and felt like mixing it up. And, as always, I do what I want. Plus, I love a list and this is a great way to sneak one in. Ka-pow! (The use of “boom” has completely jumped the shark so I’m offering some options for you guys. Starting with “Ka-pow!”)
1. As I mentioned in my last post, I have TWO sprint tri’s next weekend. I’m going to try really hard on the first one and the second one I am going to have fun with. This is mostly because the second one is hilly and I’ll probably be real tired so my excuse will be, “Oh, I just wanted to have fun with this one.” If I show up to that one on Sunday in a clown suit, you’ll know I meant what I said. Blammo!
2. I got to ride Thursday AM with the lovely Jesica from Runladylike and my current cycling BFF, Meghan. My ride was short as I had to get to work and we chose a trail that had nine hundred thousand cross streets. It was a turd. However, it was great seeing Jesica and I believe the remainder of their ride was much better once they got off that stupid trail. We took a pic but I can’t find it so just imagine us looking all cute with helmets on.
3. Speaking of helmets, I finally bought a new one. I had been rocking the hell out of a Wal-Mart special that I purchased way back in the day. The padding was worn to almost nothing and thus the helmet was trying to eat my brain. (Good luck with that!) I got a fancy Giro that matches my bike. Yessah! (I’ll work on these.)
4. There is a 99% chance that I’ll be registering for a 5K open water swim. FFS that’s a long swim! I’ll be swimming for-ev-er. It’s a fundraiser so be on the look out for more of my asking you all for donations. Does fundraising ever become really annoying? I personally am never bothered by people requesting donations so long as the cause is just and the money really truly goes to the charity.
5. And just because I lurve you guys so much, I’ve decided you need an earworm. And I’ve found the perfect summer song. Sharing is caring. Have a great weekend!
Ka-pow! I kind of like it. I visualize a little cartoon batman every time I say it. You totally could do a 5k swim! sign up now!
yay for the new bike helmet! i got a new one that matches my bike earlier this season too. woot. or is that… ka pow!
Boom boom pow! Booyah, OOOH it ooh it!
"running wild and looking pretty"…
Glad we got to ride together, even if it was for only a few minutes. Thanks for coming to meet us. Hopefully next time our adventures will be more fruitful! xoxo