Forgive me readers, for I have sinned. It’s been a lot of weeks since my last confession.
1. I took three full days off of training last week. Two of these days I can blame the holiday/vacation and “turn down for what” nights. The other day I took off for family reasons. (Grandpa in hospital, fortunately, he’s doing better.) Ultimately, I don’t regret any of the days off. But darn, now I won’t win the Ironman.
2. I registered for marathon #8. I’m a maniac. See you at Grandma’s Marathon in June 2015.
3. I’m gonna try for that BQ. There, I said it.
4. “One and done” are three words I keep repeating to myself for some reason…
5. I have become addicted to buying snacks from Trader Joe’s (it’s relatively new to my area).
6. My book for this month is seriously kicking my butt. I’m just not getting through it and I’m not a book quitter dammit!
7. I want to see what the hype is about for Hoka One’s. I think they look a bit goofy but I see some fast people rocking them and ain’t no shame in that.
8. The Tour de France is my all time favorite thing to watch in sports (close second is the Summer Olympics). I don’t really love cycling for hours at a time myself but man I love watching others do it.
9. A few of my favorite riders in the tour this year are:
Jens Voight – SHUT UP LEGS! Dude is hilarious and honest. Sad to see him retire but cannot wait for him to be a broadcaster!
Mark Cavendish -THE MANX MISSILE! He’s hot. He’s fast. And I like his no-nonsense attitude. Very sad he’s out of the tour at this point.
|Why hello Mr. Cavendish. How you doin?|
Fabian Cancellara – SPARTACUS! I really enjoyed his post cobbles stage interview. He seems like a level-headed guy and is a fantastic cyclist.
10. For some reason, I thought McDonald’s for dinner the night before a tempo run was a good idea. Let me be the lesson to you all to avoid those amazing hot French fries the day before a tempo run. Haha.
Have a great weekend!