I haven’t done any Friday Confessions in a while and it’s because I have been really good lately. I mean, good at not being a complete goofball. However, I do have a few items to confess and you all can give me ways to repent or gain forgiveness or what have you. For example: Say ten Hail Mary’s and do ten push ups. (I’m probably only slightly better at push ups than a t-rex.)
1. Speaking of t-rex…I have done ZERO strength training this month. Not a push up, not a sit up, nary a plank in sight. And…I have ZERO excuses.
2. I ate two donuts at work the other day. They were delicious. I may or may not actually feel bad about this one. It is BethMonth after all.
3. On the topic of eating, you all saw my lunch on Wednesday. Mexican food and guilt FTW!
4. I really love this blog post by Lauren Fleshman titled Keeping It Real and while I love the idea, I just don’t think I can take a photo and post it of my thighs or belly. Maybe I can gain courage to do that one of these days. It’s an outstanding idea and I’m really proving her point with these food confessions aren’t I?
5. I have acquired quite the selection of swimsuits and there’s this blue one in particular that I’m currently fond of. It’s just a plain blue suit, nothing fancy. However, I think it’s a bit too big in my bottom because I get the distinct feeling that when I flip turn it goes a little haywire in the rear end and I end up swimming with partial butt cheek popping out. I am not 100% sure on this because I can’t see myself from the pool deck and I have yet to be kicked out of the place. Will I keep wearing it? Probably.
6. Speaking of scantily clad things, I went to purchase a special Valentine’s Day “outfit” from a…uh…romantical store…and as I sat my selection on the counter the salesperson said, “Oh this is cute. I used to dance in the white one.”
7. I think number six may be TMI but this is my confessional after all and we’re all adults here right? Crap. Now I wasted number seven on a non-confession.
8. I fully confess that number seven is just a filler because I want to get to ten as I like even numbered lists that go to ten.
9. I had to take a tiny book reading break because I was getting all consumed with reading. I mean, like Candy Crush style consumed. I’ll start a new book as soon as it arrives from Amazon and have to set some reading boundaries. I think I missed an entire conversation the S.O. had with me during the last one. Haha.
10. I’m not a Valentine’s Day person. I mean, I like it okay but I don’t expect anything on it and am totally cool with just a diamond necklace, earrings, and two dozen roses. Kidding!
Happy Friday and Valentine’s Day!
Omg. Number 6. I think I would have actually turned 18 shades or red and dashed. What an awkward thing to say to a customer!
Hope you get that diamond necklace :p
Re: Lauren Fleshman, if I had runway shots and professional running success like she does, I might be more inclined to also show the *other* pictures. But for now I only have the other pictures. So…
You always crack me up. None of your confessions deserve the reconciliation pew. I personally am glad you ate 2 donuts. Makes me feel better about all the chocolate I ate yesterday. Thanks for keeping it real and making us laugh 🙂 Happy Vday.
So about the taking pictures bit. I was thinking about doing it because I am considering starting Paleo and wanted to do side by sides, but I would be so scared to share with me friends in blog land. They do tend to judge less….
And diamond necklaces are standard gifts to give during #bethmonth2014 Juuuuussst sayin
Just so you know, us guys are hesitant to post picture on our blogs as well for the same reasons as you ladies. Our egos are way more brittle than you ladies! Besides, even if most of us think our pictures are horrible, we always think we can still bring the magic!
#6-"Romantical store"- My husband would love it if I had done that. Your guy is lucky:)
No one judges you at five guys or donut shops. Two deep fried drops of heaven will not kill you. Dominate!
Yes, like Kim said, Nick is lucky! Tim didn't luck out like that! Ha! And my eats are bad this week. Glad yours aren't super healthy!
Lol about the romantical store. I'm more entertained by you calling it that than what happened. 🙂
I'm not into donuts when they are at work but I will go to town on bagels. It's not rare for me to have 3 in one day if someone brings in good ones (topped with sugary cream cheese of course!).
#5…Ginny Springs, tubing…need I say more? 🙂 love you, hope you and Nick had a wonderful day!
Other than yoga last night, I haven't done any strength training, either… gah! LOVE Lauren Fleshman's blog post and am totally writing a post about it for next week (even though I'm absolutely terrified to put a terrible photo out there!)! Have a great weekend!
I had to blink for a second like, "used to dance….like, DANCED?" to process that. Just, wow. WOW. That's golden.
I'm glad you enjoyed a spicy valentines day! I hate it too, but we were able to get away for a kidless weekend to run a marathon at the beach. it works for me.
You can eat all the damn donuts and mexican that you want if you keep training like you have been lady!
So did you and lingerie lady (or man?) have a dance off in these little outfits?