I haven’t been given one of these awards in a while and so I was feeling pretty pumped to see that I was awarded a very cool one by none other then the lovely Denise at Run DMT. I randomly met Denise when I was running my 2nd marathon. She was so adorable and lively and was actually vlogging on the run. Turned out we had a mutual friend at the time and I had no idea that I’d become a blogger one day too.
Anywho, the fabulous mommy blogger awarded me this:
Ooooh la la! I’m stylish.
In accepting this prestigious award I must share 7 things about myself with you all. I know, I know you already know entirely TOO much about me but I figured what the heck? I’ve already shared enough to get myself a few stalkers, some angry glares, and possibly a few “you-poor-things.” And we all know that the last of those is Southern for “you’re an idiot.”
Without further ado, 7 things (YAY FOR A LIST!):
1. I thought the words to the Kenny Loggins song from Top Gun were “Hide-away to the danger zone!” Of course they are actually, “Highway to the danger zone!” I’m not sure where he was hiding in an F15, but whatever, highway just doesn’t have the same ring.
2. My favorite bad movie that I must watch anytime it’s on is Anaconda. It’s so bad, it’s hilarious. Oh my gawd, John Voight equals worst. accent. ever.
3. I really want to go on Jeopardy or Wheel of Fortune. I’m not sure that I’d win at either but I do a damn fine job playing along at home, if I do say so myself.
4. I flipped my mom a bird when I was three because I didn’t want to help clean up watermelon seeds I had spit out by the pool. I didn’t truly know what it meant but I knew it was bad. And yes, I was in big trouble after that and no, my mom hasn’t gone completely gray-haired from raising me.
5. Me, Red, and our friend Riki were discussing toys we had growing up and it made me remember the Pogoball. Man, I love that thing. I would school anyone on that thing. Word.
6. While I love getting hair cuts and mani-pedi’s I wish they didn’t take so damn long. This is a problem I have with relaxing in general. I’m the worst at the relaxation time in yoga.
7. I just rediscovered my love of the carrot. I like them raw and plain. Yum!
And with that I would like to turn this award over to the following peeps (YAY ANOTHER LIST!):
Tomorrow is my Friday and I’m SUPER stoked. Vacation time is almost here!
I loved the pogoball too! Every picture of me for a whole summer was on that n thing (with my hair in a pony tail on the very top of my head of course)!
I am the same way in yoga. I can zone out for ~5min and then I am wondering what's next? Is it time to go?
OMG, POGOBALL! I had a purple and green one that was the bomb! Must find a picture and post it… I think I have it somewhere!
Ok, as promised: http://irunyourun.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/flashback/
Re: Jeopardy! – been there, done that. Playing along at home is really similar, except the nerves and the stupid light that lets you know when you can buzz in (that the home viewers can't see). If you buzz in before that light goes off, you get completely locked out for 1/2 second – which is more than enough time for other contestants to ring in.
And for the record, I am a walking Weird Al song… "I lost on Jeopardy!, baby."
If only I'd bet it all…
You flipped your mom the bird! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
Anaconda is a pretty good bad movie. It was in the snake marathon we had before we went to see "Snakes On a Plane" a few years back. I had a red pogoball with a blue platform. I tried my best to wear that thing out, but for what looked like a cheap rubber ball in the center, the thing was pretty indestructible.
Jeopardy….especially the science themed ones….I rock!
Thanks for passing this along to me, hopefully I can come up with 7 interesting things!
I loved my Pogoball and had totally forgotten about it! Fun times. Makes me feel old, what happened to my memory?
I am a huge fan of the pedicure and if you ask my wife there isn't a single time when I don't completely pass out asleep.
Safe flight to north cackalaka….or are you driving there?
LOL at you flipping your mom the bird! My first phrase was "damn baby" and one of my son's first was "damn it". Guess the apple didn't fall far from the tree…