Friday Confessions on a Monday. Here we go.
1. I had to ask a male colleague to help me shake the snack machine because it wouldn’t give up my Snickers. He then later posted to my facebook the Snicker’s Aretha Franklin diva commercial.
2. Some asshat threw a drink on me at 4:40 AM during my run this weekend. I believe it was a screwdriver. I screamed a very loud “Eff you!” I wasn’t scared in the slightest. I was furious. I may be insane right now.
3. On Sunday, I had a meltdown at Red Robin (yum!) and cried into my French fries after the S.O. suggested that I wasn’t gearing properly on climbs.
4. After the floodgates opened, they couldn’t be closed and I also cried into an orange and vanilla swirl ice cream cone later that evening with Meghan. (Why am I never crying into salads?)
5. I am getting too wrapped up in times and paces for the ironman. See, all of the crazy above. Time for a reset.
6. Lloyd peed on my new running shoes. I suppose that’s his confession, not mine, but it was because I slept in too long and didn’t let him out in time. He gives zero effs when he has to pee. Can’t say I blame him.
7. I’m totally writing way too many posts about all of my #firstworldproblems.
8. I saw Tori Amos on Friday and while that’s not a confession, the part about having to leave before the encore due to an early training ride on Saturday is. Sad panda. (The rest of the show was awesome though!)
9. Walked out of the new Sin City movie. It. Was. Awful.
10. I COULD NOT get through this crazy training without a support system.
It'll all be worth it in the long run!
Screw the guy who threw the drink at you. WTF?
Just think about how awesome it will feel when you accomplish what you do when you complete the race! You'll just laugh at all this (and want to sign up for another).
I cant believe screwdriver Steve. What a total tool!!
L.O.L. at #3. Might be I could relate a little too much to that one. You should have seen Rick at the expo at IM LOU last year, talking to every vendor possible to get tips of improving my speed. At the expo. The day before the race. He wanted to get me an aero helmet and even talked about buying a new bike. THE DAY BEFORE THE RACE. Ummm, thanks but these things are not helping me now. I need to stress in silence please. In other news, I almost lost my sh*t a few minutes ago when I realized he ate my Reese' pumpkin. Ironman hunger is not pretty.
As for #1 Snickers is the OG of power bars. #2 Not so long ago, a 32oz cup of whatever whizzed my ear, never saw it coming. #5 Step back and breathe kid. #6 HHHHHHEEEEEEeeeeeeee #10 I So Support You. Free Your Mind And The Journey Will Follow. Cheers
Relax, taper time is coming. you'll do fine
fyi: i would argue training for your 2nd IM is a lot tougher because you realize that finishing an IM isn't that hard and you don't train as hard
oh my gosh I love this post. I love your honesty. Know that we are all here supporting you! You can and will kill that darn race. It will all be worth it!
The crazy part about #2 is not that you were running at 4:40 am? That guy should have shared the screwdriver, not thrown it at you. wait, I'm already in taper.
and I love #3 more than I probably should. I can so relate. Don't worry about speed, just finish!
You are hilarious! Love your honesty and witty spin on everything…even crying.
Believe me when I say you are in the HARDEST part of training – not close enough to the end to relax yet but you've been training for soooo long and are probably burnt out. If you need it, take a day or two off – I promise you'll still finish! And I've told you this before, I definitely had ironman training tears many a time…you are not alone!
You can do it!! 🙂