Well folks it seems that the time has finally come where I must admit that I have a problem. I’m an addict. And I just can’t stop.
Heh. No, I’m not crack addict, but I do find this picture hilarious. I’m a workout addict. I just can’t stop. I think this leg injury is just not getting better because I keep swimming and biking. And while it doesn’t hurt during these activities, much, it does feel sore and aches after.
Thus I’ve decided that next week I’m not going to swim. Or bike. Or crossboot. I may go to yoga or take some walks but nothing that is going to stress Hampton. Thus today, I’m thankful for admitting that I have a problem. Because admitting it is the first step right?
To help me get through next week, since I am terrible at taking it easy I’ve come up with some goals for the week. Please note there are 12.
1. Wash car. Oh-em-gee, this car is filthy. I blame Dolly.
2. Wash Lloyd. He is smelling like a straight dog right now.
3. Make an actual meal. I have been feeling the need to cook lately. I’m not quite sure why but I’m going to make one actual meal next week. And breakfast does not count.
4. Visit various running groups with Lazy Runner to promote our race.
5. Clean. Clean. Clean. There is no reason my place should have one speck of dust considering that I’ll have a boatload of free time.
6. Do at least 50 sit-ups and push-ups every day. What? This doesn’t count as a workout.
7. Load up iPod with new songs and get rid of the tons of stuff I never listen to that’s just taking up space.
8. Buy some new music for iPod. (The new Jack White album has been calling my name. Specifically this song.)
9. Pick out and start a new book. I just finished THIS book based on a recommendation by Spike. I’m still not quite sure how I feel about it.
10. Try really hard to do what Mika says….
11. Go to either a food truck event OR a farmer’s market. I never do either of these because my typical Saturday and Sunday mornings involve riding, running, or swimming.
12. Make it through the week without stabbing someone from not getting my beloved cardio in.
And that’s it. That’s the plan. Gulp. I can do this. It’s just one week.
What are you thankful for today?