Well folks it seems that the time has finally come where I must admit that I have a problem. I’m an addict. And I just can’t stop.
Heh. No, I’m not crack addict, but I do find this picture hilarious. I’m a workout addict. I just can’t stop. I think this leg injury is just not getting better because I keep swimming and biking. And while it doesn’t hurt during these activities, much, it does feel sore and aches after.
Thus I’ve decided that next week I’m not going to swim. Or bike. Or crossboot. I may go to yoga or take some walks but nothing that is going to stress Hampton. Thus today, I’m thankful for admitting that I have a problem. Because admitting it is the first step right?
To help me get through next week, since I am terrible at taking it easy I’ve come up with some goals for the week. Please note there are 12.
1. Wash car. Oh-em-gee, this car is filthy. I blame Dolly.
2. Wash Lloyd. He is smelling like a straight dog right now.
3. Make an actual meal. I have been feeling the need to cook lately. I’m not quite sure why but I’m going to make one actual meal next week. And breakfast does not count.
4. Visit various running groups with Lazy Runner to promote our race.
5. Clean. Clean. Clean. There is no reason my place should have one speck of dust considering that I’ll have a boatload of free time.
6. Do at least 50 sit-ups and push-ups every day. What? This doesn’t count as a workout.
7. Load up iPod with new songs and get rid of the tons of stuff I never listen to that’s just taking up space.
8. Buy some new music for iPod. (The new Jack White album has been calling my name. Specifically this song.)
9. Pick out and start a new book. I just finished THIS book based on a recommendation by Spike. I’m still not quite sure how I feel about it.
10. Try really hard to do what Mika says….
11. Go to either a food truck event OR a farmer’s market. I never do either of these because my typical Saturday and Sunday mornings involve riding, running, or swimming.
12. Make it through the week without stabbing someone from not getting my beloved cardio in.
And that’s it. That’s the plan. Gulp. I can do this. It’s just one week.
What are you thankful for today?
This is going to be a challenge but just think of all that you can accomplish with all that extra time!! And keep thinking about that and perhaps it will keep you from stabbing someone!! Good luck!!!
I love going to the farmers markets!!! I am a total exercise addict and have been for many years. I swear I pray every day my ass doesn't get fat. I hope this somewhat time down helps your leg!
I think #12 will probably be the most difficult . . . Hope the week of rest helps get rid of Hampton!
It's a good idea lady! I totally know how you feel. I kept trying to workout after I messed up my leg and then I was forced to stop working out because of my arm. I hate it! But have no choice. I think this might be a good recovery for you. Your sacrifice will definitely kick Hampton out the house!
That will do it! Yoga and core work will really help the leg. and the farmers market never hurts
Good plan…and I totally get where you are coming from. Rest up, have fun and kick hampton to the curb.
It's about time you wised up! LOL…….
number 12 is a MUST, don't forget to do that one … please!!!
I really appreciate #6. Way to admit you have a problem then negotiate around it in the first half of the program 🙂
Good lord girl, I could have written this. I left a lengthy comment on a friend's blog today (who is not running a race this weekend due to sore ankle) just about how guilty I was feeling for not running, and how my hip feels good today, but yesterday after biking 15 miles and doing Bodypump it was pretty sore. Ack. Don't tell me I have to NOT WORK OUT for this thing to really get well! I will lose my identity and have nothing to blog about 🙂
I'm thankful for food truck demolition derby events. You should go enjoy one. The mixture of tacos, chunks of rubber, chicken wings, and radiator fluid is amazing and yummy.
From one injured workout addict to another – deep breaths! You can do this, your body will thank you for it! Stay strong!
I think it's the best addiction in the world! Hope the week flies by for you and that you are able to fill it with other good things!
the time will fly by…enjoy! 🙂