It’s been a while since I’ve had a list on here so I figured today would be a good day for one. Oh who am I kidding, I use a list on this blog like every week! Heh. I love a list.
Today I am thankful for:
1. Carnation Instant Breakfast (No sugar added) with Almond Milk. Lately, I can’t get enough of this stuff. It makes me feel like I am drinking chocolate milk since it’s super tasty and has a good amount of protein and carbs. I would actually drink chocolate milk if I was logging more miles so this is a great substitution until I begin marathon training.
2. Special K Protein Plus Cereal with Almond Milk. I am a little lactose intolerant so you can see the theme here with the Almond Milk and because of that I don’t normally eat cereal, plus I had a hard time finding a cereal that seemed nutritionally sound. And then TA DA! I found this one. It’s tasty and I don’t feel bad about eating it on the mornings when I just don’t want to scramble up some eggs.
3. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts. I just finished this mammoth book and must say that it was lovely. It’s a beautifully written, sweeping novel that is equal parts love story and action adventure epic. I highly recommend it. But be warned, it’s a long one!
4. Dailymile.com. I don’t have this site linked on here or on Facebook but I do use it and really enjoy keeping track of my stats. For May, I logged 82 miles running, 10 miles swimming, 100 miles cycling, and 63 spinning. You can find me on DM as Beth B.o.B. S.
5. The beach. Me and the beach are like total besties! I am going to be a leather bag in a few years and look totally like Magda from There’s Something About Mary, but I just LOVE the beach. And yes, I wear sunscreen and have a big umbrella.
6. Bricks. Not the building kind you sillies, the workout kind. This morning I did a spin-run brick and it was a GREAT workout. I felt so good (after a mile and a half pit stop of course) on the run and feel so much more prepared for this next tri than I did for St Anthony’s.
7. The hilarity of PajamaJeans. I just saw this ad the other day (I know, I am behind) but I was cracking up watching it. Let’s just call these what they are ok? Fat pants. We’ve all got them for those days but the fact that they are dressing them up as “pajama jeans” is nothing short of an SNL skit.
8. Brussels Griffons. I am currently obsessed with these dogs. Lloyd is a one person dog and won’t take to having anyone else share my love, but I just google these little guys when I need a pick me up. They are like little Ewoks!
9. Words with Friends. Yes, I have succumbed to this game and yes Red and I currently battling it out. (And also with Lindsay over at Chasing the Kenyans.) And yes, everyone else was playing this game like ten years ago and I am again, behind the curve. Man, when did I get old and lame? Oh well, better late than never! (By the way, ZA is a word.)
10. WALT DISNEY WORLD! I’m going and am so stoked. I haven’t been in years. It’s a small world after all…
So, what are you thankful for today?
I am thankful for raspberry jam. I forgot how delicious it was while I was in jamaica eating their weird fruit jam. mmmmmmm.
I am right there with you sister with the beach!!! Leather bag me up!!! I could be there from morning to night and fortunately I was blessed with a chickie that feels the same! I don't know what I would do if she didn't like the beach! I would probably force….I mean convince her to go!
You are right about pajama jeans!!! They are so a SNL skit!!!
My hubby plays words with friends…He is really good at it but your right it is addicting!
Pajama jeans = fat pants! Brilliant!
My preferred cereal is Raisin Bran Crunch (yum!). Oh, and "QI" is a very useful word as well.
I love frosted mini wheats and the beach. I wish I lived closer so that I could go on a regular basis. Also, I have never been to Disney World, but will be going for the first time in January for the marathon! 🙂
I had a good brick today too!!
play me in words with friends… i'm runnernic!
yessss. i love wwf. i am so glad you play with me.
Well if you're old and lame then I'm older and lamer, because I still don't even know what Words with Friends is, lol. 🙂 I'm glad you're enjoying it though!
bricks – good for the body and legs!
I just came over to your blog from Jodi's, and will be following your training! I'm grateful for how quickly my body seems to be healing from my marathon this past weekend and for my breadmaker.