Lately I have been the Captain of the SS Pity Party and this ship is going down. Where is that damn Gopher when you need him? The problem is that I just can’t seem to shake this funk I’ve been in lately. Granted, the holidays always make me a little sad but I just can’t get rid of my Debbie Downer-ness this week.
I even decorated my tree on Sunday and forced Lloyd to sing Christmas carols with me, but nuthin’. You would never know it to look at him, but Lloyd has a lovely singing voice. And of course, there is only so much German wine a girl can stand in feeble attempt to cheer herself up.
Thus while bemoaning my woes to P-Funk she mentioned that I needed some distractions. Since, for whatever reason right now running just isn’t cutting it. Yes, yes, I’m still running and all that and on the training plan and blah blah blah…but I need a damn distraction! Or two.
So today, to cheer myself up and get out of the bah-humbug craptacular mood I’ve been in I shall list my distractions. Oh and did I mention what I am thankful for today? Yup. You got it. Distractions.
1. Shopping. No surprise here folks. I bought this cute sweater dress and hope it makes me feel like a supermodelquin when it arrives.
2. Orlando Magic Game. I got tickets to the Magic game on the 18th. Look for me and P-Funk on the jumbotron. Hopefully this will prompt Dwight Howard to propose to me. That should cheer me right up! Honestly though, he could just wave at me and I’d be happy.
3. Tampa Bay Lightning Game. P-Funk got tickets to a Lightning hockey game next week and is taking me cause she is just that good of a friend. I’m thinking if there is an awesome hockey fight I can just jump in and work out some of my built up aggression thus resolving my boo-hooing the old fashioned way, with a fat lip, a shiner, and a missing tooth.
4. Outback Bowl Tickets. (Do you all see a theme here?) I got tickets to the Outback Bowl via my Grandma. Love ya Nana! Even though my Gators have had the most sucky season I’ve ever been alive for, I’ll still root them on. Besides even if they lose, it’s on New Year’s Day so my ‘tude should be way better by then.
5. Sylvia is coming for a visit! My good friend from college Sylvia is coming to visit the week before Christmas and I can’t wait to see her. Yay for visiting friends!
I feel better after having just typed this here list o’ distractions.
What are you thankful for today?
I'm thankful for funny blogs like yours that remind me that everyone gets in a funk from time to time. Hope your funk fades soon!
Retail therapy is always good. Shaking yo bootay at some holiday parties should help with teh funk.
Awe BoB.. no more funk!! Tell Lloyd to take you out for a drink
When I get in a funk, I volunteer. Maybe you could try that! I am sure you'll snap outta it soon. Cause you're awesome!
A good distraction (or a whole list of them) is always welcome in times of bleh. Good luck defunktifying yourself. Cheers!
I'm with ya on being in a funk. I don't know what my deal is but I hope I'm out of it soon. So glad I found your blog to help distract me from things I SHOULD be doing! : )
I am all about the sweater dresses lately.love it
I have tickets for the Outback Bowl too!! Maybe we can actually meet this time!?! That is if you'll meet a Penn State fan 🙂
I like your # 2…Good luck…great blog.