I’m having a really good week. Like a really awesome-I-love-my-life week. These weeks are sometimes hard to come by so I am going to relish in it while I have it. (This week is totally puppies shitting rainbows.) There isn’t really one thing that has made this week so awesome it’s just been a lot of little things. You pick up what I’m putting down? Yeah. It’s list time.
Today I’m thankful for:
1. Tweeting with my sister. She is hysterical and always posts adorable photos of my nephew. I love seeing him as much as I can. I want to eat him up.
2. Emailing with this one about her upcoming nuptials. She is one of the most talented people I know. This girl can make anything. Everything she has crafted has come out amazing. I’m so impressed with everything she has chosen and created for her big day thus far. The invitations are so fun and fabulous, just like her.
3. Swimming with a new group that pushed me. I definitely needed to spice things up in the pool and Stephanie invited me out to swim with her and some other bloggers. It was the push I needed. Swimming drills with closed fists are hard! Oh and going from short course to long course? Forget it. My brain kept repeating “WhereIsTheWallWhereIsTheWall?” You can read Meals and Miles blogger, Meghann’s recap here (photos yay!).
4. Speaking of swimming, I was fairly nervous heading to this swim because it was a new group and I didn’t want to barf or drown or do anything to completely embarrass myself so I sent a text to Katie and she had some words of encouragement. “You will be ok. I promise.” Thanks girl. I needed that.
5. Totally 80’s themed run tonight. I cannot wait for this run. I got to Wal-Mart early this morning to find some 80’s gear. I found a pretty “rad” shirt and some killer jelly bracelets. I’ll post photos from the event tomorrow.
6. While at Wal-Mart I saw this shirt and it cracked me up. Totally me right?
7. Upcoming mini-vacation/training weekend with three of the best tri friends around! I cannot wait for our beach weekend where we’ll swim, bike, run and laugh. BAMF Training Camp here we come!
8. I implemented a recovery beverage after some of my harder workouts and it was recommended by Jason, who definitely knows a lot about nutrition. I am a total idiot when it comes to eating for triathlon intense workouts so I can always take the input! He recommend Herbalife’s Endurance and I’m really loving it. Today I made it with some oats and blueberries. Yum!
9. Half Ironman training is going really well. I finally found my groove and am not as exhausted as I was the first week back. Granted, I’m sleepy from going to bed too late last night but I still swam this morning and don’t feel run down. Here’s hoping this continues because the month of August is a big one in terms of training.
10. The Olympics, duh? It’s the best stuff ever. Seriously. I’ll watch any event that’s on. I don’t even care what it is. I love the stories about the athletes. I love the drama (badminton scandal!). I love all of it. I cannot wait for track and field!
Happy Thursday friends! What are you thankful for today?
Thought I recognized you in that pic. I hope you got that shirt with the T-Rex?! It is totally you. 🙂
That shirt is HILARIOUS! You should so get that.
And an 80's theme'd run?!?!? How fun. I feel like you're not telling me about your life, I didn't know you were doing that or the tri weekend!!!
I am so thankful you are not sick of my nuptial planning yet and still humor my many emails. Seriously. You can tell me to shut up at anytime. I love your face and you are the best bridesmaid!
That T-Rex has a saggy tummy like me!
I'm glad you didn't drown at swim practice. Enjoy your beach weekend!
I make stuff as well. Also, glad puppies are shitting rainbows. Rainbows are waaaay easier to clean up.
That shirt is awesome! Glad you are having such a great week.
The Wordless Wednesday pic was HILARIOUS! Loved it!!!
Thankful for an amazing Masters swim.
Thankful that I can move!
Please tell me you bought that shirt!!!
Hope a good Friday rounds out your awesome week!
Hooray for great weeks! I've been really thankful for a lot of things lately, too.