I’ve done so many Thankful Thursday posts that sometimes I forget all the things I’ve already said that I’m thankful for. The good news here is that I have a lot to be thankful for. As a sort of look back on things I’ve been thankful for I compiled a (yay!) list for today’s Thanksgiving edition. I’m not going to link back to all of them cause that would take me for-ev-er but I will point out the ones that are especially meaningful or that make me laugh.
Before I begin my list I’d just like to point out that while my cup does indeed runneth (no pun intended) over, not everyone is as fortunate. I sometimes get bogged down in trivial daily affairs and those small dramas that seem to take up too much space in my mind when ultimately, I have it pretty good. I’ve got food, clothing, shelter, my health, and lots and lots of love. So as I reflect on these things I’m thankful for, I’ll also be saying a prayer for those who may be struggling right now. I’m also volunteering again this holiday season on Christmas Eve at one of my favorite local charities. If you can give this season, even if it’s just your time, please do. It’s one of the most rewarding things you can do for yourself and for others.
On this Thanksgiving, I’m thankful for:
1. The first ever Thankful Thursday post. It featured this hilarious “Walk-A-Matic.”
2. Delicious ambrosia. It’s one of my most favorite holiday dishes. (You know, it’s the fruit-marshmallow-coconut thing.)
3. Chivalry. I posted about being thankful for Coach EK and Coach Tom who shielded me from some egg throwing ne’er do wells. I’m happy to report that these two are still chivalrous and all around great guys.
4. Antoine Dodson. Now here’s a dude who turned lemons into a lot of money and a super funny song.
5. My amazing family. I wouldn’t be here without a couple of them (Ok, ew) and I wouldn’t be there person I am without the lot of them (Hi Mom, Dad, Jackie, Erika, and Michael! Love you guys!)
6. My awesomely epic, funny-as-hell friends. You all know who you are.
7. The wisdom of rappers. Ok, so I lol’d while re-reading this post about how rappers could lay down some inspirational shit. Enjoy!
8. Lady Gaga, The Golden Girls, Shake and Bake (From Talladega Nights), The Walking Dead, and books. In no particular order.
9. Lessons my father taught me. I miss him everyday and am so thankful for the time I had with him.
10. Theme parties, spray tans, Easter candy, and Tom Petty. Also in no particular order (NPO).
11. The TMI edition of Thankful Thursday. Classic.
12. Morning runs with P-Funk and Hollster. Aw hell, any runs with P-Funk and Hollster.
13. The earth.
15. Strawberry E and her awesome strawberries!
16. Speed work, Cuban sandwiches, the Keys, and an occasional trail run. NPO.
17. New blog buddies. You all know who you are.
18. Say Anything, Lloyd, summer, and turkey bacon.
19. This yogurt. Mmmm…
20. That’s what she said!
21. Funny fart noises.
22. Speedy Jess, Chappelle’s Show, LOLCats, and LOTR.
24. Red & Spike. And love.
25. Ragnar Relay = Best. Times. Ever.
26. Hallo-freakin’-ween! Woot woot!
27. Dunkin’ Donuts
28. MCM, Big Bird, hot dogs, and freedom!
29. All the running “fun” stuff that we suffer through and secretly love from this post.
30. Milkshakes. La-la-la-la-la….warm it up…
31. All of these 31 years and the ones to come.
Happy Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?