Anyway, it’s Thursday and I’m thankful for the wisdom of rappers. I’ve been in need of some positive, motivating thoughts lately and I can’t help but turn to the likes of Jay-Z, T.I., and yes even Plies. So while most of these are related to beeches, hoes, and gettin’ that paper, they could be very relatable to life and running. (This is probably a stretch, but what the hell, I think it’s hilarious, especially if you don’t know the song. Something about reading rap lyrics…)
Here in no particular order is why I am thankful for the wisdom of rappers:
1. I am f*ck!n awesome. -Plies
2. Ladies is pimps too, go and brush your shoulders off. -Jay-Z
3. Never mind what haters say, ignore ’em til they fade away. -T.I.
4. The good life, let’s go on a living spree, sh!t they say the best things in life are free. – Kanye West
5. Push it real good. -Salt N Pepa
6. I’m all that and then some. -Tribe Called Quest
7. Ready or not, here I come. -The Fugees
8. It’s not an illusion, we runnin’ the streets. -Ludacris
9. Runnin’ runnin’ and runnin’ runnin. -Black Eyed Peas
10. I’m gonna knock you out, Mama said knock you out. -LL Cool J
Feel free to add your own faves in the comments.
What are you thankful for today?