Today I’m thankful for:
1. Master’s swim. Today was my first ever master’s swim and I must admit, I was worried last night that I wouldn’t be able to hang. However, I did pretty well this AM and even though I cut the workout short (so I had the use of my arms tomorrow) it’s the farthest I’ve swam in while.
2. The Hunger Games. Yup, I’m a full on HG nerd now. I finished book one in less than a week (not that it’s a hard read or anything) and cannot wait for the movie. Red and I are adopting “May the odds be ever in your favor” as our new mantra. Nerds Unite!
3. Good runs with good friends. The bestie, P-Funk, and I ran together last night. It’s the first time we’ve run just the two of us in a while. It was perfect running weather and we chatted the entire way. The five miles flew by and I felt good.
4. Hilarious comments on this here blog. For example, yesterday after my Pee Wee post Mr. It’s All About Pace commented, “I’m a rebel Dottie.” Hahaha! And the always funny Lindsay from Chasing the Kenyans commented on my Gasparilla post about being genetically over-heated, “We must all have the same genetics – I don’t know anyone who loves sweating in the blazing sun. Congrats on the PR tomato face!” You guys kill me.
5. Coca-cola. I gave up soda for Lent and while I don’t give a crap about having another Sierra Mist as long as I live, I’m missing Coca-Cola. I don’t drink them too often but giving up the occasional ones I do have has been tough. I’ll be very happy to have one after my first tri of the season in April. I’m going to save it for after that race as a reward to myself.
6. New Friends. From the new guys and gals who joined the running group to the new peeps I’ve been meeting at other running and tri events, I’m so thankful to add new and wonderful people into my life. Queue the Girls Scouts song….make new friends, but keep the old…
7. Slow work weeks. Since we’ve hit a slow-ish period at work, I’m so thankful to get a little repreive from massive amounts of emails and phone calls asking me “quick questions,” that are never truly quick.
8. Guava and cheese pastries. These are so not on my healthy items list, but they are so delicious. A friend at work (Hi C!) bought me one for my birthday and they brought me right back to my childhood. In Tampa, you can’t grow up without having one of these traditional Cuban desserts.
9. Being a Godmother. My sister officially asked me to be Baby R’s Godmother on Saturday at her shower. I cried.
10. Beach season! I love the beach and can’t wait to get back out there and frollick. Yeah, that’s right. I’mma frollick. Don’t judge.
What are you thankful for today?