I’m leavin’ on a jet plane….
And I’ll certainly be back again but I’m so so so so thankful for this trip to Detroit. I’m heading out this afternoon and can’t wait! And since I love a list here are the reasons why:
2. I get to run a half marathon as a training run AND get a medal. I love me some bling.
3. This awesome half marathon runs into Canada which is pretty cool because it’s like a whole other country. (Hee hee…)
4. I ADORE working the Women’s Running Magazine booth because I get to meet and speak with so many runners. From first timers to people who’ve run over 50 marathons, it never gets old. It’s really like working at a runner’s Disneyland.
5. Lots of time with my girl D. She is who hooked me up with this sweet side gig and she’s a lot of fun to travel and work with. Not to mention, she totally kicks butt as a runner. The woman can fly.
6. I need a little trip. A little change of scenery. And of course, a little break from the heat. It is supposed to be 86 degrees today. A did I mention how humid it is – still?
7. EXPO STUFF! Ok fine, I’m sure some of the stuff is not needed, but I have found some really great deals at expos.
8. Greektown. Detroit has a delicious Greektown filled with nothing but, yep, you guessed it, Greek restaurants. Dalmades here I come!
9. Possibly seeing THIS GUY.
10. I love to travel. Period.
What are you thankful for today?