Today I am thankful for:
1. Tax Refunds. I am FINALLY getting a refund this year. After a few shoddy years in real estate, my being an “actual” employee of someone else’s has it’s benefits. I’m totally thinking iPad. Woot!
2. Waffle House. I know some of you are thinking, ew, but honestly the Waffle Houses near me are delightful. The service is quick, the food is good, and the people watching is better than an airport terminal during the holidays.
3. Mumford and Sons & Florence + The Machine. Two new music groups whose albums I bought recently, even though they have both been out for a while now. Both awesome and totally worth giving a listen.
4. Nectarines. This delightful fruit is currently in season and goes great with my Fage Greek Yogurt. Also quite tasty in a salad. Yummy!
5. The Weather Channel. Yeah, so you know you are in taper when you are watching the Weather Channel and going to it’s website seventy-billion times a day. Ain’t technology grand?
6. A good debate. With the change of the Boston Marathon registration and time requirements it’s been very interesting to read and hear people’s thoughts on the subject. I’m not blogging on it cause there is so much out there already that my two cents have already been spent.
7. Road Trips! It’ll take about 4 hours to get to Ft. Lauderdale and I am kind of excited for the mini-road trip. Cute K, Caribbean Steve, and I are sure to have a blast! I see a sing-a-long in my future….
8. Birthdays. Did I mention my birthday is coming? It sure is! I love a birthday. Screw that whole getting upset about getting older stuff. I’m like a fine wine dammit. Hahaha.
9. Shellac Nail Polish. Dudes, please skip this one. Well, all dudes except Lloyd, cause we know how he rolls…Anyway, this new nail polish has to be put on at the salon and removed at the salon. It lasts 14 days and doesn’t jack up your natural nails like acrylic. Loves it!
10. Post Marathon Massage. I have one scheduled and I can’t wait!
Well kids, this may be my last post before Sunday. I’m not sure if I have more to say before the big day. I’m nervous, excited, and stoked all wrapped into one. I’m on marathon number five and it still feels like I’m a brand new runner. I wonder when that feeling goes away. Actually, I kind of hope it doesn’t.
Have a great weekend, and tell me, what are you thankful for today?
Best of luck in your race this weekend. I certainly hope the anticipation/excitement never goes away.
Good luck this weekend Boo! I will be anxiously checking my phone waiting for your finish text!!! Dream strong, channel those speedy runs of triumph, and run fast!
Awesome list! Enjoy your pre race massage!
You crack me up….like a fine wine! I really need to look into that nail polish! I'm a big fan of road trips too…the trip back is never as exciting though!
I am thankful for 49 degrees today!
I don't need an iPad, but feel free to spend your tax return on something else I can use!
Good luck Sunday! And I love this list!
I love your attitude about your birthday! I feel the same way! Good luck this weekend! You'll do great!
I've recently been listening to Mumford and Sons and FATM on nonstop repeat. I am uber thankful for them too!
One of the only things I don't like about living in California is I miss Waffle House.
Good luck in your race!
Like you, I am a bit behind the music times and recently got the Mumford and Sons album. Love it!
I am thankful that there are people like you and Morgan who are slightly more chipper and crazy than I so that I can see that chick is nuts….
And who doesn't want to celebrate birthdays. We only get better with age and I say to you:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY….LOVE IT AND EMBRACE IT!!!!!
Good luck Beth! I know, it's hard not to freak. I was crying on Warren's shoulder about 5 mins. before the gun at Vegas and he almost had to throw me into the corral. And I did all right after all. Sometimes anxiety is just your body's way of reminding your brain that it's alive. Now go kick some a$$!!!!
Good luck on Sunday! Have fun!
Mumford and Sons, you are now only getting into them…you have so much to learn little one.
You left out Taco Bell…just saying.
Good to see you're getting back on the horse with regards to getting a massage.
Just hope you're not too tired to object if instead of "Pat-a-cake" they play you like a steel drum 😉
Have a good race.
Have a kick ass race!
I love that you have so much to be thankful for! Have fun Sunday!
Have a great race!!!!
I'm OBSESSED with Mumford and Sons. I love them, and it's good music for a run.
I hear around the blogosphere that you PRd! Congrats!