My roomie and I are dog sitting a little guy about Lloyd’s size named Max and he’s adorable. Lloyd actually likes him and wants to be his friend but Max….notsomuch. Anyway, that’s probably why I am extra chipper this morning. Well, that and the fact that I have A LOT to be thankful for today. Do I smell a list?
Today, I am thankful for:
1. Dunkin’ Donuts. I basically stop here once (ahem, or twice) a week for coffee and a bagel sandwich. I don’t even get donuts (I swear!) but I’m pretty sure that the coffee has some sort of addictive drug in it, other than caffeine I mean. They have pumpkin lattes right now. Yum!
2. My health. The fact that I am freaking out about my impending marathon should be a reminder to me to be thankful for the fact that I can run 26.2 miles. Not everyone is so lucky.
3. Weather dot com. Yeah, thank the lord for the weather channel and it’s delightful website. I can obsessively check the weather all day long! Woo hoo! Just think, before the internets I would have had to like listen to the radio or call someone in DC or gasp – read a newspaper! You can all call me Ms. Weather OCD. Kthanksbye.
5. The shooting range. I may or may not have gone to the shooting range on my lunch break this week. I also may or may not have shot up a zombie target. I may or may not also be a redneck deep down.
6. The Great Porta-Potty Fiasco of 2010. I love this whole situation. I find it hysterical and I truly appreciate the MCM folks for not backing down with regards to places for us runners to poo. When a runner’s gotta go, you better get outta the way.
7. Redhead. I know, I know. How many times can I talk about how thankful I am for her? In the words of Napoleon Dynamite “about a billion.” I love me some Red and the fact that she sent me a text yesterday right when I felt completely freaked about MCM just shows how in tune she is. She told me to stop freaking and start believing. I love you Boo and THANKS!
8. This poor dog. I’m sorry, it’s so funny and so sad all at the same time.
9. Caribbean Steve. My running bud Caribbean Steve sometimes reads my blog and sends me hysterical emails. He is on my Ragnar team again this year and his enthusiasm for well, just about everything is contagious. I am thankful to have him as a buddy and also as my B.B.F. (best black friend). He invented that title, don’t call the NAACP on me. 10. The Marine Corps Marathon. Duh. What are you thankful for today?