This week started like a total disaster. My shin was all sorts of jacked up and I was super upset about it. I realize I become a total Crabby Patty when I’m worried about an injury. “I need to run! I need to run! I need to run!” Add that in the mix of stress eating and you’ve got a possible chocolate-cake-thunder-thighed disaster.
Well, we all know how that story ended so of course I’m thankful for that. But guess what? I’m also thankful for a LIST (Yay for lists!) of other things.
Today I am thankful for:
1. The new TV show New Girl. There was a LOTR reference in the first episode spoken by a geeky, yet lovable brunette girl. SOLD! (No, I’m not on this show.)
2. Pinterest. HOLY CRAP I’M OBSESSED. Just what I needed, another website to add to my faves. However, unlike Daily Mile and Facebook, this one makes me feel like I’m doing more than cyber stalking other people and talking about myself 24/7. I mean, geez, that’s what the blog is for. Shout out to Red for hooking me up with this one.
3. Summer and Jason. I have never met either of these bloggers in the “real world” and yet we had the most epic conversation yesterday via facebook. I won’t bore you with the details but it involved leg hugging and 1/2 IM. Woot!
4. Powerade Zero, grape. I don’t like G or G2, but Powerade seems to be decidedly better on my tummy. Plus, the grape is tasty.
5. Got my tickets to Halloween Horror Nights. If you are a noob to this blog then you don’t know of my LOVE for all things Halloween, especially this event at Universal. I’ve been every year since 1998. It’s epic. And you can drink beer! (Not a good idea if you pee a little every time you get scared.)
6. I am so thankful to see so many reaching for their Ironman and 1/2 Ironman goals. I’m in complete awe of my friends who are tri training machines!
8. The “Moves Like Jagger” song. And I’m thankful not because I particularly like the song (it’s only on every 3 minutes) but because every time I hear it I think of an old Mick Jagger drinking some Metamucil and yelling at some kids to get off his lawn. (Sorry Jagger fans, dude is almost 70. I give him cred for having said “moves” but is there no one else we can reference?)
9. The fact that if you say “gullible” slowly it sounds like “oranges.”
10. Super thankful that most of you tried the above because I did too when I first read that.
I’ll be heading to Augusta tomorrow afternoon so I’ll catch you all when I get back. Team Two Chicks & A Rick are ready to do this!
What are you thankful for?