Yup, I’m yeller.
Anyway, I decided I’d hit the road all by my lonesome and having not run alone in quite some time I forgot how delightful it can be. Of course, I love my BRA friends and feel safer with a group, but the run by oneself can be nice every now and again.
And so I am now obligated to write a list. Yay Lists! Without further ado, the Top 10 Reasons for Running Alone *queue Paul Shaffer drum roll*
10. You tend to run faster from not jabber jawing the entire run.
9. You can tell bad jokes and not fear the silence, since you can laugh your fool head off. *Sigh* Yes, I laugh at my own jokes. Don’t judge me.
8. If you gotta stop for #1, #2 or #3 (the combo of #1 & #2), you don’t feel bad about making someone else stop.
7. Pace schmace. Run however the heck you feel!
6. No awkward silence.
4. You can stare at roadkill as long as you want and no one is around to think you are weird. (Just me again, huh?)
3. You can go all deep thoughts and ish. Like today I was totally thinking about life and how awesome it would be to get new black heels. And maybe a kitten. Oh and how I should have a Halloween party.
2. You notice your surroundings and nature a bit more and that’s always nice.
1. Fart away! No one can hear you!
I like running solo too, for shortish runs. I can be alone with myself and take in the sights…
I run most of my runs solo, but am looking for a group to run with once in a while. I do like going my own pace and letting my mind wander!
I like running alone because I can laugh at the stupidest thing (squirrel running away .. haha… My dog pee and is flinging pee .. haha.) and I can really just go ahead and fart! It can be stinky. It can be loud. It can be anything and I don't have to worry a bit!
haha, I love the list! I've been doing a lot more solo running since I moved this summer. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.
I love running alone. I always feel pressured when I run with others, even my husband. For some reason I feel like I'm going to ruin their run by stopping or going too slowly or something.
I love love love this! Lists make me happy. 🙂
6 & 7 seriously (I have no idea why) made me laugh out loud. So good.
Hope your weekend was fantastic my friend!
You my dear have a problem……. ha, staring at roadkill???? I love the sound of low-flying ducks(farts)……
This is a good post and a very nice thoughts. Thanks for sharing!!!
#1 is so true. I do it when my boyfriend is with me too because who cares and he always laughs at me.
Running solo for me is a great idea..But, I really enjoyed running with companions.
I like #3… no.. not the cobo of #1 and #2… I mean reason #3….
good to see you're still at it. Alone or not it's all good isn't it.
Ah, the freedom to fart (and burp) without judgment.
Great to see you this past weekend.