Here’s a little list (yay!) of things have made me say WTF this week. And it’s only Wednesday.
1. Government!?!? Not only have you cut people’s paychecks by being a-holes who can’t work anything out for the people who put you in office but you are now threatening to shut down a marathon that has gone on since 1976 and is known, ironically enough, as THE PEOPLE’S MARATHON. Get your act together Congress. You are embarrassing us.
2. Kid at track. Ok, so it’s all fine and good when I have to run my intervals with a kid. Who is maybe 11 or 12. Who falls behind me for every. single. interval. Except the last one. Of course. For which I am dropped like a bag of dirt. Thanks a lot you little sandbagger! Here I am telling you to focus on my back and then that last 400 I can barely see yours! It was pretty hilarious actually.
3. Swim start blocks at the University of Tampa. Why are you so effing high? I don’t remember you being so high last year. I’m going to epic belly flop before my events on Saturday. Oy.
4. Sea water bacteria! I have to swim in this crap? Guess I better make sure I don’t have any open wounds. Yikes.
5. This whole thing. Calm down people. There are photos like this all over the Internet. I can certainly see both sides but I don’t really get the ire. Then again, maybe I’ll get some ire for just saying that…
And that’s all I got. So far….
Happy Wednesday ghouls and goblins!
ewwww bacteria….ouch belly flops…haha you. 🙂 thanks always for a laugh!
Don't worry, I think Parker will be doing a 5min pace next week with Eric and John! You know how kids are. They go to bed having run a 10min pace and the next morning they're running 5min miles. My mom keeps asking me about the bacteria in the Gulf! Don't tell her, please! And how in the name of Mike do you keep your goggles on when diving in the pool from those stupid blocks anyway???
I told you yesterday Beth that Parker Lewis can't loose. You learned that the hard way on the last 400.
And if you give me a dollar, I'll trip him next week! Like I said: Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Skill!
Lolol If only everyone would just listen to Vanilla Ice!!
You crack me up! The belly flop made me laugh out loud at my desk. And the bacteria made me start googling in fear before tonight's open water swim. Yikes.
Sending hopeful, positive thoughts for the MCM. Having a 26.2 cancelled really sucks!
Oh you make me chuckle! Do spcatators come out for this swimming event? Can I come watch and cheer?
and have a marathon does suck..majorly!
I agree. That photo with the fit mom and her kids is an OLD photo. My fitness mommy friends and I were discussing it a year ago. Get over it. I'd be proud as hell too. Geez, I post similar photos and I don't even look like that, haha.
Hilarious!! Oh Vanilla Ice!!! A huge part of the Cape is closed since it is part of the National Seashore…craziness! With the mom picture…I feel like there are a million similar pictures like this all over pinterest. So much drama!
Drama Llama with that last one. Lord.
I died at the Vanilla Ice meme.
And sea bacteria? No thanks. Be careful out there Boo.
The government needs to get their act together, I know it's semi-resolved now but still.
As for the last one- I had not seen that or heard about it. I guess I see both sides but honestly is it worth creating a huge effing stink over? People just LOVE creating drama.
I can't even handle the Vanilla Ice reference. Seriously LOL'd.